MaryA.
MaryA., Teacher, Parent
Experience:  10+ years as a teacher, mother to a teen and 8 year old
9981143

Last night I put my son in his crib for the 2nd time. He always

Last night I put my son in his crib for the 2nd time. He always crys and I feel so bad! I have to go outside so I dont take him out. Is the cry it out method really ok? It ended up working but in the morning I feel guilty and I actually miss having him in my bed. He just keeps me up and I have to work in the morning. I feel really guilty.. Do i continue to put him in his crib and let him cry til he falls asleep? I always rock him to sleep too but right when I set him down he wakes up.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  MaryA. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are going through this. I know it can be frustrating. How old is your son? How long have you tried this method?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mary, He is 7month born August 4th. :) The first time was 2 weeks ago I let him cry it out and he slept but then we both got sick so I didnt want to do that while he was sick. Now we are better and I did it the 2nd time last night. Starting from 8 he fell asleep after about 10 -15 min of crying and then woke back up at 10 I calmed him and left and he cried it out again and then once again woke up at 1130 and I calmed him and he cried again to sleep and sleep the rest of the night.
Expert:  MaryA. replied 4 years ago.

Well, you did the right thing when you were both sick, since that can make a baby more cranky and anxious that he does not have you around. , The crying it out method is alright to use. My only concern is that he is only 7 months old. At this age, he is still attached to you. You may want to continue to try this for another week or two and see if that helps him get used to it. It sounds like you are doing everything right, he just needs more time to adjust. :)

When my daughter was about 10 months I did try this and it worked after about one week.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you...I needed the reassurance. Yes hes very attached I feel bad. But i know its the right thing to do, his sleeping patterns right now are really bad and I read if there bad now it can be bad for him when hes older and he can have all sorts of issues. I guess Ill just stick it out! Thanks for your help.
Expert:  MaryA. replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome, thank you for your question. I hope everything works out. Please remember to click accept. :)
Expert:  MaryA. replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I was just wondering how things are going with your son. Have you been trying to let him cry it out at night. How has this worked? I hope everything is working out and please feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

Mary