Coach Jen K.
Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Master Social Worker. Certified Coach Mom of Twins.
64783947

When my adolescent son gets very angry, he curses me sometimes

Customer Question

When my adolescent son gets very angry, he curses me sometimes using the F word.
what should I do?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Coach Jen K. replied 2 years ago.

CoachJenK :

Hi good evening

Customer:

Hi

CoachJenK :

Sadly the behavior you are talking about has become all too common among adolescents.

CoachJenK :

When you say you have tired fines, please tell me a bit more about that

Customer:

is this new? I've been using justanswer for years for my dog and more recently legal

CoachJenK :

is the parenting section new?

Customer:

is this direct chatting new? it is much better than emails

CoachJenK :

They are constantly adding wonderful things to the site

CoachJenK :

not sure when they implemented the chat, but glad you are happy and im happy to be in here with you to ffer some support

Customer:

I've picked a fine amount and have used it consistenly and raised it some when the first few times at the original amount did not work

CoachJenK :

what are his favorite things/gadgets, etc

Customer:

With all due respect, I am an academic Psychologist, having taught college for many years. These are the most difficult questions to answer that I can think of on justanswer. Always I've been able to pick my expert. I have no idea of your experience and your "ratings", ie. xxx percent positive like the vets and lawyers I have used. I dont feel comfortable going into such a potentially dynamite area not knowing a thing about you.

Customer:

I just saw your stuff

Customer:

pic

Customer:

excellent ratings

CoachJenK :

I understand. You can feel free to ask me anything or I can opt out of you are more comfortable. You came here for some support and I am here if you desire that. If not, I am not offended

Customer:

My sister in law is a terrific child therapist and when she works with parens about difficult stuff like this, it is a long discussion which much information brought out - what happened previously, the parents' state of mind, catastrophizing, etc.

Customer:

how do you make money from 10 to 15 minute chats?

CoachJenK :

yes and in terms of the nature of this chat, we don't really have that ability, so I like to offer my support and help you come up with some ideas on how to handle things. as you know since you are aprofessional, I won't be telling you what to do only going through some of the ideas.

CoachJenK :

but it is certainly important to have some understanding as to what might be going on that is leading to this disprespect.

CoachJenK :

Would you prefer that I opt out?

Customer:

I could not download your answer via email. I tried both emails twice and it hung up

CoachJenK :

I am not sure what email you are referring to

Customer:

we get emails saying "your expert has answered. One clicks a big green button and waits for the answer. which never came. It hung up with maybe 10% of the download

Customer:

I'm not saying it clearly. The downloaded answer hung up soon

CoachJenK :

The site has been having some issues lately so it is possible it is due to that. If you stay in the chat with me you wont have to look at your emails you will see the live chat as it happens. Can you see that?

CoachJenK :

Are you with me?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
I had to switch out of chat as it was not functioning properly. If I dont hear back from you, I will report the technical difficultly and hope you re list it.
Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience: Licensed Master Social Worker. Certified Coach Mom of Twins.