proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

I have a 17 yr old male, Senior in highschool. He has a 3.75

I have a 17 yr old male, Senior in highschool. He has a 3.75 gpa and a 32 ACT- never had 1 single problem from him until he started dating a girl who has a history of being sexually active in the past. He has never been attracted to drama before but she seems to thrive on it. She is constantly causing drama telling him she can't trust him because she has been hurt in the past and that she will die if he goes off to college at a large university while she stays her at the community college. He has always planned to go to the larger university ever since we started talking about college and now is changing his mind. How do we deal with this?? I want him to go because he will get a better education and frankly to get away from her.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. How long has your son been with this girl? Has he ever had a girlfriend before? Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He had a girlfriend for over 2 yrs but they were not real serious. I don't think they were sexually active and they each did there own thing with other friends alot. Then he broke up with her and immediately started dating the new girl. We have had numerous sex talks and I don't think they are having intercourse but I think there are alot of other things going on. She can't stand it if he goes and does something with his friends and tells hims she doesn't trust him. Even pouting and constantly texting or talking on phone when he is with us.
The new girl in your son's life is toxic for him. He should have taken a break between relationships. All he did was find someone to replace his previous girlfriend. However, this new girl is smothering her with too many issues. Her problems are becoming your son's issues. He does not need the drama. This girl may be the nicest girl in the world, but your son should not trust her. She seems the type who would intentionally get pregnant to try and trap your son into staying with her. Just tell your son to be careful and not to let this girl manipulate him. All you can do is offer advice and hope that he will go away to college and end the relationship before then.