TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Coach Mom of Twins.

my 4 year old is really saucy and rude. Time outs are not

my 4 year old is really saucy and rude. Time outs are not working with him. What do I do
Category: Parenting
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.
This unfortunately is part of him asserting his independence. I see what you have tried but I want to make sure you are being consistent without endless warnings without following through. Let him know clearly what the rules are....such as...if you speak to me with that tone, you will lose your truck.
If he speaks with a tone then no additional warnings take the truck away immediately.
what are your thoughts? I know how frustrating it is and like all of the other difficult stages this one will ease with time too as long as you are consistent and clear with the boundary and the consequence.