TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Coach Mom of Twins.

Seventeen years old charming top student beautiful girl gettings

Seventeen years old charming top student beautiful girl gettings attacks of hysterical fits every now and then . Living with mom and two brothers .father divorced pass by every week . The family is very rich. How can I help to avoid the hysterical fits
Category: Parenting
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more? Are the fits in response to something specific or more of a generalized anxiety. Can you also define for me your idea of an hysterical fit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The fits happens sometimes before very simple exams but not the hard ones sometimes during holidays . During the fits she has hyper apnea then spasm of the fingers after ten to fifteen minutes she starts to cry . All the blood tests the c t scans and M R I were normal
It seems that she is suffering from anxiety and I would suggest that now that the physical tests are normal, you get her into some counseling to get to her feelings. She needs some support so she can figure this out and minimize her anxiety.