Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed as psychologist and marriage and family therapist
63993671

why is my child behave badly at school and dosnt listen

Customer Question

Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. L replied 4 years ago.

Dr Levang :

Good Morning,

Dr Levang :

I'd like to help you with your question. Please tell me a little more about the situation.

Dr Levang :

Is the child in kindergarten or pre-school? What kinds of things does the child do at school? Please give me a few examples.

Dr Levang :

What happens when you punish the child? Does the child throw a fit, cry, or what?

Dr Levang :

Thank you.

Dr Levang :

Dr. Levang

Dr Levang :

Hello, Just checking in to see if you have responded.

Dr Levang :

Dr. Levang

Expert:  lifecoach28 replied 4 years ago.
5 years old can be a tricky age for children. They've started school and have a lot of new experiences and responsibilities. Tell me what is your son doing at school that is bad behavior. Then I can give you some idea of what is going on with him.
Expert:  Dr. L replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning,

I'm checking back to see if you have responded to my initial questions. Five year olds are delightful individuals - many are very strong willed and controlling - and it's important to give them room to be individuals while also setting limits and expectations. My viewpoint of parenting is that our job as parents is to prepare them for life, rather than protecting them from life. Often times, life must be the teacher and they have to learn from success and failure.

I await your reply.

Dr. Levang