Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
1470369

My wife and I own a vacation home a few hours from our house. My

Customer Question

My wife and I own a vacation home a few hours from our house.

My 22 year old step-daughter would like to spend the weekend there with her boyfriend.

R is rather immature for her age and we have not met her boyfriend.

I am not new in her life. Her mother and I have been together for 20 years (she left her ex before we got together).

There is no question in my mind that the answer should be no, but the two of them are ganging up on me to give in. Am I crazy to hold out?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Why have you not yet met the boyfriend?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She has never brought him around. She has an open invitation. He sounds like an okay guy from what I know. Not sure it makes a difference in this case.

My wife will admit to having a hard time saying no to her for most things.

When we bought the vacation home, (2 years ago) we decided to let R know that she and her friends were welcome anytime we were there. And they are. We would be happy to host her and her boyfriend if we were there.

Now she is pressing us (me). There is some unfortunate triangulation happening and I am tired of being the bad guy. This doesn't seem like it should be causing such huge stress in the marriage/family.

Would you let your 22 year old daughter spend the weekend with a boy you hadn't met on your dime?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not received a reply in a timely manner.

Please do not charge my credit card.

Regards