TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Coach Mom of Twins.

My husband and I have a 3 month old son. It is my husbands

My husband and I have a 3 month old son. It is my husband's first child-at 48 years old. He is over the moon to have a son. He works off shore and is gone for a month at a time. I am a teacher. While he is gone, I have a sitter that watches him. While my husband is home, he is adamate that he keeps the baby. I feel is it important to keep taking him to the sitter-at least two days a week to try and keep his schedule and some what of a routine. I don't want to take him to the sitter after my husband leaves and him be upset because it is new and unfamiliar. How many days a week do you suggest I take him to the sitter?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.
I like your thinking and understanding of the need to keep a routine and some consistency as any break in that routine could make it harder to be with the sitter.
I think that 2-3 days per week is good and it also allows him to have the time with his child so that he may also bond and build his relationship with his son. Your Son needs to have this time as well as it is good for him to feel comfortable with him and know that he returns after being away for work. How does this sound?