proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Hi One of my daughters has one job to do a day and I always

Hi
One of my daughters has one job to do a day and I always have to chase her to do it. It has got to a stage where it is a battle and she trys to wind me up by not doing it.

I have tried rewarding, etc. She is 17.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. What jobs do you ask her to do? What does she say in response? What does she do instead of her assigned job?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have three daughers, two of them do their jobs with not problem, but she has to hoover the hallway and staircase. She always ends up having to do it, but it is always a battle.

I say no TV or Internet until she has done it and this works, but again its always a battle.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Tell your daughter to do something then just wait for her to do it. There is no need to yell and scream or become frustrated. For her age, she is just trying to assert independence and control as she is soon to be an adult. You do not have to make it a battle. Just state what you want done and tell her the consequences of what will happen if she does not comply. Then start taking away her phone, computer, time with friends, tv time etc. She will have to earn those things back through obedience. Do you make it more of a battle or does she?