TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Coach Mom of Twins.
64783947

My friends daughter said she was bysexual, she is only 17.

My friend's daughter said she was bysexual, she is only 17. How can my friend best help her daughter, it was very hard to tell her mother this. Her daughter wants to take her friends home-to watch movies etc.

CoachJenK :

Hi. Thank you for joining me. Please forgive any typos as I get very immersed in my work with you and my brain may go faster than my fingers.

CoachJenK :

What is your friends goal? Is it to accept this within her child?

CoachJenK :

That sounds wonderful about her supporting her. I think with any 17 year old whatever their sexuality is that parental supervision is a must. I also suggest keeping the lines of communication open so that this young girl has a place to talk about what she is realizing in herself.

CoachJenK :

As hard as it was I am proud of the young girl for having the courage and strength to open up about it and it is crucial to keep this kind of communication, acceptance and support going.