TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Coach Mom of Twins.
64783947

Our 18 month old daughter is obsessed with Elmo. For the past

Our 18 month old daughter is obsessed with Elmo. For the past few days she comes home from daycare or from her grandmothers and wants to watch Elmo. We have a few videos that we let her watch occasionally but would rather be playing with her in the evenings then her watching TV all night. So what we have been doing is trying to keep her occupied until Sesame Street comes on PBS and then we watch it. Yet she still wants to watch Elmo all the time. While this is a minor problem we aren't sure what else to do other than stick to it. Thoughts?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.

JenKMom :

I look forward to providing the support that you need.

JenKMom :

Are you able to give her a small Elmo doll? This could be a great transitional object for her to carry with her while she is doing other things when you don't want her watching TV

Customer:

Yes we have two elmo dolls that sometimes work. She has my stubborn gene I think :)

JenKMom :

I guess it is one of the many experiences you will have as she begins to test the limits and how firm you will be with them.