lifecoach28
lifecoach28, Child Care
Experience:  Assisting with single parenting, parenting with an ex, adult children with parent problems and all other parenting concerns.

How long is reasonable for a 13 year old girl to use her I

Customer Question

How long is reasonable for a 13 year old girl to use her I phone per day ?
heeeelp please
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 2 years ago.
She should use her phone as often as her parents allow. At 13, she should still have rules and boundaries. Most kids these days use their phone a lot, but it should be up to the parents to allow it or not allow it.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. A 13 year old should not be talking nor texting on her phone at home much during the school week as it will interfere with her homework. While she is completing her homework, take the telephone away. Then allow her about an hour or less to do all the texting and calling that she may need to do. However, teens today often try to be sneaky and text late into the night and early morning hours about nothing much of importance. If you discover that you daughter is doing that, you may have to confiscate the cell phone at night as well. Since you are the one paying the bill, you must tell your daughter about acceptable usage. She will use the phone as much as she can get away with unless you step in. If she does not abide by your rules, take the phone away for a week or so.
Expert:  lifecoach28 replied 2 years ago.
When you consider that she should not be on the phone during dinner, during bed time or while doing homework, then she would have little time left for talking on her phone on a school day. So on a school day, she should be on the phone only during free time. Depending on your daughter's schedule, that could be anything between 1 and 3 hours. On the weekend the same rule applies. She should not be on the phone while eating, doing home work, in the bed, visiting people or during weekend activities. Since she has more free time on the weekend it is a good idea to limit telephone time. Maybe on the weekend she should talk no more than four hours a day. And that is if she is actually TALKING to friends. Texting, surfing the internet and emailing people should be limited to about an hour on the weekends. It's better to spend time with friends in person rather than texting or emailing them. Let me know if this help. Thank you for being a parent who encourages her child to be active and not stay on the phone all day.