LittleLearners
LittleLearners, Child Care
Experience:  Hello, I'm Miss Kim. I am a licensed teacher and a daycare provider. I am here to answer all of your parenting questions.
64303866

my talented and beautiful daughter leaves her sanitary wear

my talented and beautiful daughter leaves her sanitary wear and smelly laundry around until I have to row with her to clean up
Category: Parenting
Expert:  LittleLearners replied 2 years ago.

LittleLearners :

How old is your daughter? Perhaps a change in scenery is needed. Many teen girls respond to a change in their bedrooms - rearrange furniture or have her choose a new paint color. If she takes some responsibility for her space, she might be more motivated to keep it clean. Even a new bin for the laundry has been known to do the trick. As a last resort, if you do her laundry, she might be more apt to pick up her dirty bits if cleaning her clothes is her responsibility.

Customer:

my daughter is 19 she is in catering college and every one thinks the world of her but at home is remote and difficult

LittleLearners :

Hello again, thanks for the reply. That is wonderful that she is in college. Catering is a great field. Has she always been distant? Is this with everyone? Or just at home?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she is friendly and popular outside I would like to know what this dirty protest is about
Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry that she is saving this part of herself for you to see. How is your relationship with her when you are not asking her to clean up her messes? Often, the state of our space is a direct reflection of our state of mind. It's wonderful that she is popular and friendly away from home, but is there a possibility that she has some underlying depression?
Try to talk with her about what is happening in her life, without talking about the mess. It sounds as if she is unhappy about something and it is manifesting itself with her lack of cleaning.
LittleLearners, Child Care
Experience: Hello, I'm Miss Kim. I am a licensed teacher and a daycare provider. I am here to answer all of your parenting questions.