Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I am trying to choose a good parenting book to help me parent

Customer Question

I am trying to choose a good parenting book to help me parent my 6 children. The last 3 are triplets and are crazy. They are 4 yrs old and refuse to go to bed for me when my husband is out of town! I have had enough! Would the regular Love and Logic book be a good choice or the Love and Logic Magic When Kids Drain your Energy.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

You have a lot on your hands and no doubt it is getting to you from time to time. These two books will both help to guide you towards a calmer and more effective parenting approach.

The better of those two is:

Parenting With Love And Logic (Updated and Expanded Edition) by Foster Cline and Jim Fay

I also recommend another book that is equal if not better to the others.

Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne and Lisa M. Ross

If you buy both books from amazon.com, since the total is just over $25, there will be free shipping and you will have two different point of view to help you.

You will be fine with either one of the books as well, but will have to pay shipping, so for about $5 more you could get both.

I am sure that once you start getting some professional guidance, your parenting skills will increase and you will find yourself gaining more and more control and self-reliance in this very difficult situation.

God bless you and your family.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC