proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

hi my wife contradict me alot about how to raise our children.

hi my wife contradict me alot about how to raise our children. her attitude is that let the children do what ever they want to do and when they get older they learn. she does not set them a bed time and when ever i try to educate our kids she gets on my case and she says that let the kids alone. my kids go to sleep between 10 to 11 pm at night and in the morning every day they rush out to go to school. and they eat their so called breakfast in the way to school. any suggestion how to get her understand about the importance of descipling. in other hands the kids love her because she lets them do what they want to do.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the differences in parenting styles in your household. How old are your children? Are they boys or girls? Was your wife a well behaved child growing up herself? Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have 5 girls and two boys. boys age 6 and 13 and the girls 2 5 9 12 and 15 years old. when she was little girl, she was very restless and her parents had to take her out around the block before she would go to sleep. is there anything i can do to get the importance of organization and decipline across to her. she also trained our kids that for any chore at home they get some thing in return other wise they would not do it.

Hi this is the wife i just want to let you know that what my husband is saying is not all true the only thing i ask him is to discipline the kids with respect and love and not put them down by words. by the way we live in an apt. buliding with 2 bedroom and 7 kids. i asked my husband so many times to go to parenting classes or go to a family counseling but for some reason he refuses.

Yes, yes. yes!!! You and your husband need relationship and parenting counseling to be on the same page or at least reach a midpoint in how to discipline your children. If you are constantly in disagreement in how to raise your children, there will always be tension in the he house. You both need to learn better parenting techniques especially in managing the number of children. You cannot solve this problem by yourself when both of you seem so strong willed. You must seek outside and on going professional assistance as soon as you can so that both of you can learn intervention and coping techniques.Much success to you and the family.