proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

i have having a problem with my 9 year son and 4 year old nephew,

i have having a problem with my 9 year son and 4 year old nephew, they have touched bums together and now my nephew says that he sucked my sons penis. I have talked to both of them about the touching. What should I do with my son.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about what your son has experienced. First of all, just relax and take a deep breath. The behavior that both children participated in should be treated seriously but without anger from the parents. Children are often curious about private parts of others children. However, when touching is involved, lines have been crossed Either your son or nephew may have heard an adult or even peers talking about such actions, seen images on the internet or television, or witnessed adults engaging in such actions. The last thought is that an adult engaged in such actions with the boys but hopefully that did not occur. What you must do is to talk to your nephew's parents about what happened if you have not done so already. Then, separately question the boys about why they did what they did, has anyone ever touced them like that, have they seen other people acting that way...etc. Tell your son that you are not mad at him but want him to tell you the truth. Then you need to explain how that type of behavior is not acceptable. Any place on your body that underwear covers is private. You must keep a close eye on your son until you find out who how he learned about doing such actions. Also, monitor the interactions between your nephew and son. If your son seems traumatized by the ordeal or seems to want to spend more to spend more time with his nephew because he liked their inappropriate playing, then you may want to seek professional assistance from a child psychologist who can provide your son with coping and intervention strategies.Thank you!