proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Daycare started introducing my to the potty about a month ago.

Daycare started introducing my to the potty about a month ago. He now likes to sit on the potty and flush. At home, he doesn't want to take his diaper off each time he sits on it. Today, for the first time, he went to the bathroom door and asked to go potty, but wanted his diaper off. HE TINKLED! Not very much, but he did. So we celebrated this little victory. So now what?! Do I start accelerating his training, or just follow his lead? He's 19 months old.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. Your question is a very common one for potty training. No matter what you do, your son will use the potty when he wants to and when he is ready. So therefore, try not to push him too much. There will be many setbacks ahead when you have reached a point where you thought he was doing so well. So just be prepared that the road of potty training is like a roller coaster. Enjoy the ride. Praise successes. Don't get frustrated. Follow your son's lead and everybody will be happy in the end.Happy training!