Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

Have a teenage daughter in a relationship with a great guy.

Customer Question

Have a teenage daughter in a relationship with a great guy. Being going out for over 3 years. However his parents are having problems and end up at 1am with him and his brother in my house cause cops are called. Don't know parents problems but am worried cause it is getting worse and it not only my daughters final year but her boyfriends and in a selfish way am worried it is going to effect both their resutls.
Feel bad as it is not drug etc problem - but they are such a great couple and not only is their relationship affected but their schooling as well. Am lost. What do I do?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. How old is your daughter, her boyfriend, and the brother? Are the parents aware the boys are with you? How long have they been with you? Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Both r 17. Been together 3 years. Boys go back home next day. Just keeps happening. My daughter tells them they r coming to her place but never check. Don't want to get involved. Just worried daughter will get caught up . She is a top student who loves her boyfriend. Any advice would help
Hello and Thank You for responding. If you do not want to be involved, the first aspect is that the boyfriend and brother should not be staying at your house. They must have relatives or friends that they can turn to and go over the house when problems arise in the house. Additionally, what are your daughter's plans for college? What are her boyfriend's plans? If she gets so caught up at such a young age with a boyfriend, her academic aspirations may take a different course. What would you like to see happen with your daughter? What has she told you about her future plans? What is the main problem that is frustrating you?