proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

How much quality time is standard for working parents? Should

Customer Question

How much quality time is standard for working parents? Should I give up after work workouts? I don't want to neglect my daughter. I only go 2 times at night but I feel so guilty.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank You for consulting Just Answer. During the week, a solid uninterrupted 1 hour of time is fine for you daughter. Two would be wonderful but not ideal for working patents. Of course that can be mixed in with a few minutes here and a few minutes there. On the weekends, you can make up for lost time and spend more hours doing fun activities. If you do not spend time with your daughter on the nights that you go to the gym, make sure dad or grandma or another close relative will be there for your daughter. Enjoy!
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Expert:  KaterB1270 replied 2 years ago.

The amount of time to spend with a child is a personal decision. The more time you can spend with your child the more you influence their development. I am also a working parent and struggle with this myself. Child time in our house is a balance. We plan our schedules to the best of our ability to include as much "quality time" The thing is this is our plan. Our plan may not work for you as I am sure our schedules are different. What you need to do is find what works for you. If you enjoy your evening workouts then try to see if the child's father can be there to have time with them. I also suggest you try different arrangements. Maybe one week you try to work out before work and another week you try during you lunch hour. I have also found fun ways to include my children in my work out time. We run in the park, we do dance in the home, we lift weights and she is my cheerleader. By including the children you are teaching them how to live a healthy lifestyle as well as getting your exercise in.

I hope this answer has been helpful and you "accept" it. If there is anything else I can do to be of help please let me know.

Kate

I just wanted to follow up with you and see if I was of any assistance to you or if you needed any additional information. Please feel free to ask if anything seems unclear to you. Thanks, Kate