proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

my wife says that all kids are born "bad" and it is up to the

my wife says that all kids are born "bad" and it is up to the parents to teach them right.
what would you say to this comment.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Children are not born bad. They are truly influenced by the people, places, and activities within their environments in which they are brought up in. Parents can influence their children in positive and negative ways and have a tremendous influence on their children.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i explain to my wife that we have to create a positive self image within my son and what are some strategies for enhancing a positive self image
How old is your son?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he is 9
You and your wife need to be good role models .Encourage your son in all areas of his life.Keep your son involved in a few activities outside of school.Praise your son when he does well.When your son does not meet expectations, teach him to keep persevering.Instill good morals and values.Stay active and involved with your son.Listen attentively when your son talks about everything.If you as parents do not do these things, your son may be influenced by outside forces such as peers and go down the wrong path.:)