proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

my 14 years old daughter is ignoring me with everything i said to her ,shes also not listen and all the time shouting.dont know what to do ?plz help
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your daughter. Are both parents living in the home? What grade is she in? What are her friends like? What outside of school activities is your daughter involved in? How are your daughter's grades? Is she an only child? Has your daughter always acted in such a negative manner?

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for your respond.Ive problems with my daughter since she was a little, now we leave together without her dad since 2007 ,shes my only child,Shes in year 9 now.she does not speak with me,shes noisy ,shouting ,creating situation to get me upset not following school rules.she is suspended from school.she has many friends,shes facebook addict,does not have any activities outside of school its really hard to motivate her to do anything.She does not respect me,and anybody else.
Hello again. Your daughter may have Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD) because her behavior is persistent and has lasted at least six months and is clearly disruptive to the family and home and school environment.

The following are behaviors associated with ODD:
Hostility directed toward authority figures

These behaviors might cause your child to regularly and consistently show these signs and symptoms:
Temper tantrums
Argumentativeness with adults
Refusal to comply with adult requests or rules
Deliberate annoyance of other people
Blaming others for mistakes or misbehavior
Acting touchy and easily annoyed
Anger and resentment
Spiteful or vindictive behavior
Aggressiveness toward peers
Difficulty maintaining friendships

The next step you must take is to discuss the your daughter with her pediatrician. She will probably be referred to a psychologist for an evaluation. She may need counseling to learn how to improve her behavior. You need assistance with your daughter. You can not do this alone.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where i can find more information about ODD and is any medication which may help?or maybe some kind of exercises she can do to help herself?thank you for any info
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago. can contact our pediatric experts or mental health experts here at Just Answer for additional information. Hope that I helped a little.