proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Hi i have just found out that my 14 year old daughter has had

Hi i have just found out that my 14 year old daughter has had sex with three boys that weren't her boyfriends. When I asked her about it she said it's just sex and no big deal.How do I handle this?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about your daughter's lackadaisical attitude toward sex. What you may want to do since you do not feel that she listened to you, is to take her to her pediatrician. She needs to be told about the consequences that can occur from having sex at a young age like pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. She also needs to be told how having sex with many boys will give her a reputation of being a "loose" girl. She does not need to have that stigma imposed upon her. She also needs to know how to have morals and values. She certainly does not want to be an unmarried mother in high school. She has a much brighter future ahead of her without being a crowd follower. Limit her out of school activities for a while. She is making adult decisions of having sex but is still an immature teen.

Hope this provides some insight!

Happy Wednesday!