proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

How can I discourage my child from excluding others from g

How can I discourage my child from excluding others from games? She also says things like, "Everyone can play with my toy but grandma," and "You can't come to my birthday party," I see these as power games, but don't know how to stop them.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. How old is your child? Has she always acted in this manner? Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
she is four and she has been doing this for about eight months.
Does she attend pre school?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She goes to preschool several days a week. She tells me she sometimes tells her friends she won't play with them. I am her grandmother.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You haven't responded yet to my initial question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I accept?
Hello...I am here. Your grand daughter is simply imitating what she is experiencing at school. When she is at school, she is probably lonely, upset, and frustrated when she is left out of games and activities. Therefore when she is at home around you, she feels more in control and manifests a sense of power that she does not feel at school. She feels the need to say anything to you like her friends do to her. What you can do is to role play how your grand daughter should be responding and acting in school situations and at home.. Also, you need to observe the interactions of your grand daughter at school on several different occasions. Also, you may want to bring the issue up with your grand daughter's teachers.

Hope this helps. Happy New Year!