proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I am with a women who is pregnant with my baby we both have

I am with a women who is pregnant with my baby we both have children from prior relationships my son is 11 and she has a 2almost 3 year old daughter. My question is about her daughter. When we first met her daughter was a sweat nice girl who took to me and we seemed to have a nice relationship but all that has changed in last month she is now very cranky and out right mean to me she tells me every day she does not love me and does not want me , she also is very needy towards her mother its now to the point that if her mother leaves her with me for any period of time she cries for her the whole time and this seems strange to me cause it was the other way around - I also don't think it is normal for a toddler to say such cruel things to an adult like I dont love you and dont want you it is concerning to me because I cant help but to have feelings about this and find myself trying to keep my distance from her is this normal and what should I do
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. It is not usual for a toddler to say such unkind words. She has heard the words more than once from someone. Hopefully, her mom has not been saying such things about you to her. Nonetheless, you need to confront your girlfriend and just casually tell her that you were concerned about the things her daughter has been saying to you. See how your girlfriend reacts. She needs to be on the same page with you about this issue. The child does not really know how hurtful her words are.