Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

Behavior issues

Customer Question

My son is 6 and has problems controling his emotions, doens't listen and has starting hitting. What can I do? I don't know what to do anymore.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the behavior problems that your son is manifesting. Does he act in the same manner at school and at home? Are both patents residing in the house? Does he have any other siblings? How long has the behavior been going on? Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes he is the same at school and at home. Both parents reside in the house. There are no siblings. The hitting is recently. The rest is years. He was diagnosed with ADHD. We had him on adderall. I thought the mood swings and aggression was from the meds. After almost a year on it I and the doctor took him off. It's only been a couple of days. Nothing is different. I am so stressed.
Has he ever seen a counselor on a regular basis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.