proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

My 2.5 year old went to a new daycare and stopped taking his

My 2.5 year old went to a new daycare and stopped taking his naps. They do naps really early at 12.00pm and it's light and they say certains or blinds are a hazzard. He goes there part-time and he stopped taking naps at home too, a part of it because we put him in toddler-bed, which he can get out when he wants to . He goes to bed at 8.00pm and wakes up at 7:30am. Is this much sleep enough for his age? Should i still put him in his room to rest, he doesn't really want to go, he wants to contibue playing, but I'm so used to taking rest from him in the middle of the day.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Your son is getting enough sleep. You can still put him in his room to rest. You might want to try to see what happens if he goes to sleep a little later at night. He may be craving that afternoon nap if you do so :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if he goes to bed later he sleeps longer in the morning
Try putting him to sleep at 8:30 and then waking him up in the mornings at whatever time he needs to be up. Even if he goes to bed at 9 then that is still 10 and a half hours of sleep which is enough. He will easily take a nap. Give it a try :)