proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I am a youth motivational speaker

I am a youth motivational speaker and my area of expertise is in teen advice & motivation. (Please be as detailed as possible. Thank you for making a difference). What is the #1 problem most parents & teachers face with their teenagers? What is the ultimate solution for this problem? Why are some teenagers not that motivated, and what can parents and teachers do about that specifically? What do teens really want from their parents & teachers? What do teens need from their parents & teachers? What are the 7 most effective ways to motivate teens and students to excel in life? What are the 5 reasons why teens are driving parents & teachers nuts and what can they (parents & teachers) do about it? What are the 3 Top strategies to help a teen over come bullying? What is the #1 mistake most parents & teachers make & how can they fix it? What is the root cause of inappropriate behavior?

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Angela!

I am still looking for an expert and I would appreciate help as soon as possible.

Thank you so much.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. You should also have received a message about the value of these 10 questions. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Angela.

Please understand that I can only afford $30 at this moment. If you can't find an expert who is willing to help with that value, I fully understand and would kindly ask for a refund.

Thanks for your reply. We are still waiting to see if an Expert will come online and assist you, and your question has been marked high priority. If you would like to cancel, just let me know, otherwise, we will be in touch again soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

Hello.... Do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!!!
The number one problem teenagers face with their parents is a lack of communication.

The number one problem teenagers face with their teachers is a lack of respect.

The ultimate solution for both problems is trust and accepting strengths and weaknesses.

Some teenagers are not that motivated because they are influenced by their lackadaisical peers. Parents can take an active role in their teens lives by first being an attentive communicator, especially in the listening area. Teachers can motivate students by praising their strengths more and relating the instructional curriculum to specific people, actions, and events that are part of a teenagers life.

Teens really want more independence from their well as money!

Teens really want their teachers to have an interesting and enjoyable class.

Teens continuously need guidance, motivation, support, and consequences for inappropriate actions... from their parents as well as teachers.

Seven most effective ways to motivate teens to excel in life...
Provide a role model.
Monitor academic progress and hold teens accountable.
Set short term and long term goals.
Praise strengths.
Give them choices.
Keep them busy.
Stay positive when faced with adversity.

Five reasons teens are driving parents and teachers nuts...
Teens think they know it all and have all the answers.
Teens care more about the social scenes.
Teens cannot live without technology (cell phones, computers, social networking sites)
Teens are not thinking about their future.
Teens lack respect for authority.

To alleviate the problem of going nuts, parents and teachers need to develop action plans with teens so that they will have more positive direction in all areas of their lives.

To help a teen overcome bullying, the teen must...
Find someone he/she can trust to talk to.
Learn how to stick up for oneself through role playing activities with the trusting individual.
Believe in oneself that he/she has strengths and stay positive about life...gaining more self esteem.

The number mistakes that parents and teachers make is jumping to conclusions too quickly with teens as well as not reprimanding on a consistent basis and not providing effective consequences to change negative behavior.

Parents and teachers need to be more attentive listeners and let teens express themselves more in a non threatening environment. Parents and teachers need to discipline each and every time rules are broken until the negative behavior is eliminated and the desired behavior is achieved.

The root causes of inappropriate behavior are acting impulsively without thinking about consequences, peer pressure, and attention seeking.

Hope this was helpful.
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX are right on.

How can parents/teachers discipline their teens effectively?
Parents/teachers can discipline their teens effectively by matching disobedience with appropriate consequences, letting teens know what is expected of them and what will not be tolerated before problems occur, and by maintaining an authoritative role at all times so as to not be manipulated by teens.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you give me an example?

What specifically do you need an example of? Let me know...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay..Maybe you can help me with 2 things and I promise I will stop nagging you lol.

I am writing a 2 short ebooks for parents and educators that I will be giving away for free.

1) Beyond Motivation: The Blueprint for Parents and Educators to Breakthrough to Teens
2) The Heart of Motivation: The Ultimate Guide to Inspire Your Students to Think, Feel and Act Like Leaders.

For the 1st book, I would like common example of how a teen/student is unmotivated and what the "role model" can do to specifically help them

For the 2nd book, I would like a personal story from you of a time when you got through to a teenager/student. I want this to be an inspiring story. Feel free to leave your full name and website for self-promotion. How would you want me to describe you?
Common example would be a teen who is unmotivated to perform well in school and to study. Role model would be a person who comes to talk to the class, tells a story about how he/she did not study as teen, where it led them, and how he/she changed life around for the better. The role model can answer specific questions from the students, tell them how to have goals in life, and the importance of that process as well as overcoming adversity. Teens love real life examples!

Unfortunately, I cannot leave any personal information for you about myself. I do have a personal story . However, the work and time required to explain it would really be like answering another question and therefore would constitute additional payments. What you can do is relist the question for your second book on a separate thread if you desire.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for all the help. I appreciate it.

Wish you the best of success!!!!!
I wish you the best as well! What you are doing is awesome!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you :) I'm so excited lol.
Feel free to request me...Jordan1314...if you need further assistance down the road. Happy Holidays.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will do. Happy Holidays to you and your family!