Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

My 12 year old daughter is hard to find a movie for. She would

Customer Question

My 12 year old daughter is hard to find a movie for. She would like a live aciton movie with some interest but not violent, scary, or nasty. We get Hulu and Netflix instant, and it is hard to find anything new. She likee FreakyFriday, Super8, ParentTrap
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello dear client...are you interested in a more current movie? Does it need to be PG or PG 13 ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PG is better. New is good, but could be older. She is sensitive about horror (as am I) and she doesn't like sex so much. She is also irritated that all the movies seem to be about the loss or divorce of parents. Enough already! (Of course, I have tried to get her insterested in all the coming of age movies about horses, but that is sort of tiresome also.) Urban, urbane movies are nice. Swearing is OK, but relentlessly crude humor and people is not interesting to her.
Ok..I will check into this for you and let you know if not this evening then tomorrow. Is that acceptable to you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Oh that's great. Anytime. And it doesn't have to be available on instant watch. I can get the Netflix discs. I have tried to interest her in foreign subtitle films. Tolerant, but English is better. She very much liked Ice Princess, but that was several years ago. I guess she has no problems with morals, exactly, just doesn't enjoy crude. Sh watches all the Disney cable junk, but it is really too thin. She is aware that it isn't a very good story. She likes Carly.