proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My very troubled 19 year old daughter took my visa card without

My very troubled 19 year old daughter took my visa card without my permission and took $1000 in cash advances. After 6 days she finally texted me saying she's sorry and she feels so bad she doesn't know what to do or say. Prior to this she has been very very unwell. Anorexic, having lost 35 lbs, and severely depressed and suicidal. She has a pyschiatrist, a counsellor and all the help available but is still struggling...what should I say to her now that she is making contact finally.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Your daughter is in a very fragile state of mind right now. What you can tell her is that you love her and are very glad that she was honest with you. It wouldn't be wise to say anything negative. Just keep it short and simple. Her counselor and psychiatrist can delve into the reasons behind her actions. Additionally, tell her that you care for her deeply and that you are always willing to talk and listen about anything and everything. Your words will provide a great deal of comfort and support which is what she needs from you right now.

Have a restful Sunday. :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.
She has been living with her Dad for a couple of weeks. I just moved to a new house. Should I let her move back in with me even though I will worry that she might steal something again?
Allow her to stay with her Dad for now until you feel totally comfortable and confident that she will not steal again. Hopefully, her counselor will speak with her and over a few sessions your daughter will realize the seriousness of stealing and the preciousness of being honest.