proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Hello, Our children are having difficulty when we

Hello, Our children are having difficulty when we hafto goto work or leave them with the babysitter. They throw massive tantrums or require repetitive consoling. It almost comes off as seperation anxiety. They are 2 and 4 years old. We have 3 other older kids who never did this. My wife and I recently changed careers. As did our schedule. Is there any way to help them adjust to this so we are not late for work everyday?
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems with your young children. They are experiencing separation anxiety. The easiest way to handle the situation is when you have to leave for work, make your goodbyes very quick even if the children are crying. The longer you stay around, the harder leaving will be for all of you. The baby sitter should try to distract them with a toy or book or by saying something. Your children will soon get accustomed to your routine of leaving. Always tell them that you will be back and tell them to have fun as you make your quick exit. Do all of the hugs and kisses the night before. :)

Have a festive Friday!