proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My 2 year 4 month old grandaughter is potty trained and the

Customer Question

My 2 year 4 month old grandaughter is potty trained and the last couple of months started doing #2 in her pants. What do you recommend to do about this. She has a 6 week old baby brother.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Do you mean that she is pooping in regular underwear?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes she is pooping in regular underwear.
Help and Thank You for responding. No matter what you do or say to your granddaughter, she will poop in the toilet when SHE is ready. Any professional will tell you the same thing. The arrival of the baby may have caused her to regress. You can either place her back in pull ups or keep her in underwear and REALLY praise her when she poops in the toilet. Do not make a big deal about accidents. It will make things worse. She still is young and most children are not completely potty trained until 4 or almost 5 and still at that age they have night time accidents.