Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Psychologist; Parent

My three Year old granddaughter is attending a private nursery.

My three Year old granddaughter is attending a private nursery. The teachers there complained to her parents recently that she is not following instructions and wants to keep doing her own things. They suggested that she goes on a behavioural plan which have distured the parents. At home she seems quite normal and behaves well. I await your reply.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Without more detail, its hard to comment with specific advice, but based on what you said here, I may want to have her parents consider a different nursery. You didn't state that her behavior was bad, just different. I don't see a problem with her other than the current nursery only wants children that adhere to their cookie cutter rules. If she behaves normally at home and is a good child, there is nothing wrong with her wanting to be different. She has already shown that she has respect for rules at home, so it isn't like she is acting out or being out of control.