How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please can you help my 11 year old boy

Customer Question

Please can you help my 11 year old boy who is very aggressive and hits his mum what help can I get.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with your son. Let me ask you a question. I see that in your response you mentioned that the country relating to your question is England but in the customer information it says US. So since you are offline now, the response I will give you is for help in England. If that is not correct, please let me know and I will redirect my response to where you are in the US. So... ... my response for England.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

If it's in England contact the Anna Freud Centre. They have the VERY BEST treatment facilities for child treatment. You will need to contact them and ask them for someone in the area you are looking for.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

"The Anna Freud Centre is committed to improving the emotional well-being of children and young people. We provide excellent treatments and services that work for young people who are suffering from mental health problems.

We offer short-term and long-term specialist treatments for children and families and we’re often called on when other treatments have failed. We advise and offer direct support to parents and provide help for children and young people in emotional distress and at risk, helping to put them back on track for a brighter future."

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Children don't sit down and tell us what they are upset about/ what is bothering them. They act out. They show destructive behaviour. Because children don't talk that's why we child therapists do play therapy with children. The child when in a therapist's office will engage in play and then the therapist can interpret what is going on. Only by bringing him to a child therapist will you be able to determine what is going on with him. There is no way to guess what is going on without knowing further details. The Anna Freud Centre will certainly be able to help. Our very best trained child therapists here in the US were trained by people who trained at the Anna Freud Centre.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :


JACUSTOMER-gonwfvk5- :

great $58 answer

Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry that you do not like my answer. I do not know this boy. Anyone who tells you why he is being aggressive with his mom and why he hits his mom without doing an in-person evaluation is just making up an answer to please you. It would be unethical and non-professional to say why he is being aggressive without knowing the nature of the relationship between him and his mom --- what is going on between him and his mom; what role his father plays; are there other children in the home; what are the ages of the other children if there are others; what is going on in school, etc., etc. There is no way to know and give a professional answer without having a very, very detailed history and without doing a diagnostic evaluation on him.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 3 years ago.
Do you still need assistance with this question?

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
  • Thank you so much for taking your time and knowledge to support my concerns. Not only did you answer my questions, you even took it a step further with replying with more pertinent information I needed to know. Robin Elkton, Maryland
  • He answered my question promptly and gave me accurate, detailed information. If all of your experts are half as good, you have a great thing going here. Diane Dallas, TX

Meet The Experts:

  • Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
< Last | Next >
  • Rafael M.T.Therapist's Avatar

    Rafael M.T.Therapist

    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
  • Jennifer's Avatar


    School Psychologist

    Satisfied Customers:

    Collaborative parent consultation on everything from modifying behavior to child development.
  • professional_Alison's Avatar


    Child Care

    Satisfied Customers:

    Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
  • Cher's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
  • Dr. L's Avatar

    Dr. L


    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed as psychologist and marriage and family therapist
  • Alicia_MSW's Avatar


    Family Counselor

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed social worker and psychotherapist
  • NormanM's Avatar


    Author, lecturer and psychotherapist.

    Satisfied Customers:

    ADHP(NC), DHP, ECP, UKCP Registered