Joan, Educational Tutor
Experience:  Educational tutor and Adoptive Parent

I am looking for jeans for my very tall, thin athletic 6 year

I am looking for jeans for my very tall, thin athletic 6 year old boy. He has outgrown Gap 7slims in the length (which were the longest I had found), but the waist (cinched up) is still big on him. As a comparison, some of his shorts are a 4T and he still fits in his 3T swimsuit! I do not mind paying for designer jeans if they will fit him in the length. Any thoughts on which brands run extra long?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Is there a Nordstroms in your area? They have sizes for all types. You can also try their on line site.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No - there is not and I am looking for a brand of jeans that normally runs very long (longer than gap, which run long anyway)
Old and have long sizes as well.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As I already said, I've tried old navy. They are shorter (and worse quality) than Gap by at least an inch or two.

Maybe this will help give you a better idea: I wear a size 0/2 and a 35"length (longer with boots or heels). My husband wear a 34x40 in his normal work jeans and can get away with a 38" in dress pants, My 8 year old is already over 5' tall, the just turned 6 year old is about 53- 54" tall and our 3 year old is about 48". The oldest and youngest can get away with slims in better brands because they are a little thicker, but the 6 year old is about a 20 1/2" waist but still athletic - he's starting tailback on his football team and made it to AAU regionals in the 100M dash, so "skinny" jeans are out for him.

See, this is not an easy fix. I'm looking for some brand that I have probably never heard of before. Department store stuff just won't cut it, and trust me - I've looked already anyway.

Maybe you might have to have the pants tailor made. That is another option.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

You may want to check the Jeans on this site:

I have ordered from them in the past. My son also worre a slim and could never find pants that did not gap at the waist and long enough for the legs. I tried some some from the site above and fount that they were better than most Jeans I could get in the stores. The do have a contact phone number where you can speak with someone:

Customer Service
Monday through Friday:
9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET

Hope this information helps.

JCPenney Online also has some longer lengths online.

Joan, Educational Tutor
Experience: Educational tutor and Adoptive Parent