Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
1470369

My Son is 23 years old. I have raised him as a Single parent

Customer Question

My Son is 23 years old. I have raised him as a Single parent as his father chose not to be part of his life, even went to the exent of putting an AVO on me many years ago after the DNA 99.996 proved paternity. When my Son turned 16 he attempted to find his father only to be rejected again and told NEVER to contact him again as it made his wife uncomfortable.... Recently my Son's father contacted him and asked if he could meet him although I was very apprehensive as I had my own concerns for my Son's state of mind I encouraged him to take the opportunity as he may be able to resolve some issues he has grown up with. They met, hit it off and now my Son has nothing to do with me or his siblings and is very angry towards me it has been 5 months since their meeting and I still have not heard from my Son. I know he is an adult blah blah but it is seriously breaking my heart to the point it is difficult for me to be emotionally connected with my two other children. I feel like I'm greiving as you would if someone past away. How can I get my Son to come back??????
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the issues with your son. Do you know where he resides? Your other children have not contacted you in 5 months either? Did you ever say anything negative about the father? Have you since remarried? Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jordan

No I do not know where my Son resides thats my point.My two other children are with me and he has not contacted them either. I have been with my current partner for 10 years. I only ever told my son the truth about his father and yes that would have been negative given the circumstances.

Due to inclement weather and computer problems, I will allow another expert to assist you.