proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Do you have advice on whether its ok to let my son use my

Do you have advice on whether it's ok to let my son use my iPad?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. How old is your son? Is your IPad a personal device or is it one your job gave to you? What does your son want to use the IPad for? Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He is turning 5 next week. This is a personal iPad. He likes to play games such as Angry Birds, watch YouTube videos (trains and Angry Birds mostly), and he sometimes plays with a drawing app and a few educational apps. He is starting to ask for the iPad several times a day now.
It is perfectly fine to let him use the iPad but do mix in educational games with fun activities. Maybe set aside one set time in the early part of the day for educational games and the evening for the fun games like Angry Birds. Also, watching educational videos on YouTube is a great way to enhance his intellectual experiences. Nonetheless, he should not be on the iPad more than 1 to 2 hours a day. 2 hours is actually on the high end of the spectrum.

Happy Thanksgiving.