Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Extensive Experience working with Children/Teens; M.A. Teacher/Tutor 40+ yrs.; Parent of 2
1470369

I am 40 and have been married for 8 years. My husband and I

Customer Question

I am 40 and have been married for 8 years. My husband and I have a very happy and fulfilling relationship. I have recently been contemplating trying to get pregnant but I am not 100% sure about whether I want a child. I have all the biological urge, and I have a yearning to be a parent but I have a fairly clear picture of the downside of parenting too. My husband says he is 'on the line' i.e. he neither wants nor doesnt want one, and that he wants to leave it to me.

We have always thought we would not have kids as our life is so good but it is a hard decision to make as it still seems such an unusual one and I think that adds to making you think youre doing the wrong the wrong thing. Any advice to help me make my decision? Thank you
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello...can you afford a child? Do you have time and energy for a child?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, we can definitely afford a child. In terms of time and energy, I would change my work pattern etc. Practical issues are not really the concern, this is more about the right choice for us. Perhaps you are not really able to help over the internet, as this is a fairly complex issue.