Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

My 10 year old has had a hard upbringing.His mother was not

Customer Question

My 10 year old has had a hard upbringing.His mother was not there for him sometimes literally and sometimes emotionally.His grandparents and aunty were more loving to him and gave there time up until the age of 3 when he moved out with his mother to there own place.He has suffered some slight physical abuse and verbal abuse e.g.name calling,labels,swear words,yelled at,screamed at. His stepfather has allso yelled at him,been too rough with him and resorted to talking down to him e.g.'idiot, brat, stupid'.
He spends most of his time at home and the rest with his grandparents,who have always 'been there' for him.He is doing well at school in subjects and socially.
He is treated badly sometimes still when he misbehaves, e.g. argues about doing things when u first ask.Complains when he doesnt get his way or things get hard.I want him to heal and I want to be a more emotionally steady and strong mother.Patient and prepared to respond to his misbehaviour.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Are you the natural mom or step mom? How is he treated badly sometimes? What living situation would your son be the most happiest and safest in emotionally and physically?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am the natural mother.Sometimes my partner pulls his ear or grabs his arm tight to take him to time out.Sometimes I yell or push him
Where do you feel that your son would be the most happiest living?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I find the response time really long and such a short answer.
I have not answered the question. I needed more information from you. I will opt out and open the question up to other experts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay.He says things like we aren't his family when he's angry.I think he would be happier if things were more peaceful at home.And I spent more quality time with him and made him proud by getting my full drivers license and some work when my youngest is ready for daycare.
would you like me to continue to assist you or would you prefer another expert? It is totally up to you. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
u can continue to assist me please.
Another expert will gladly assist you as I am having Internet problems. Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Soon would be good please