BillLCSW
BillLCSW, Family Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with specialty in Marriage and Family Therapy
48585111

My daughter is 19 has a criminal history and has recently been

Customer Question

My daughter is 19 has a criminal history and has recently been kicked out of my house again for violent and disrespectful behavior. I just recently found out through some of her friends she stole two very expensive guns and some jewelry from us. I have filed a police report on the guns but she is on probation and I was wondering if it would do me any good to call her probation officer about this. She is an adult and I don't know what to do anymore. She does have a criminal history and I have done everything humanly possible to help her and she has done 3 months in juvenile but turned around and started the same stuff again. It has cost so much turmoil I am ready to just give up. I need some serious help please before I cost my family more than what I already have going through this for the last 5 years
Category: Parenting
Expert:  BillLCSW replied 5 years ago.

Bill :

Hello- I have over 30 years experience working with individuals, couples and families with addictive disease issues. I am happy to help you

Bill :

I am so sorry to hear about the living hell you have been going through over the past 5 years.

Bill :

As a Therapist who also happens to be a Criminologist, I would definitely encourage you to talk to her probation officer about this as in these cases, you have to be aligned with them and never give your daughter that she can get away with anything. Otherwise, she will continue to work you.

Bill :

You are beyond that point now and she has made her choices and although difficult you have an obligation to include the probation officer in this. You may need their help down the road and to maintain trust with them is key. Again, there is no trust with your daughter and the best way to get her life back is for her to know that there will always be consequences for her behavior.

Bill :

I would encourage you to talk to the probation officer today. Get it off your mind so that you can have some measure of peace.

Bill :

If I can answer any further questions about this, please feel free to ask.

Bill :

Otherwise, I wish you the best with this most difficult situation.

Bill :

Bill

Bill :

PLEASE CLICK GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON SO THAT I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY TIME.

Bill :

I ALSO APPRECIATE YOUR POSITIVE FEEDBACK

Bill :

Thanks and have the best possible day.