Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I have 2 great kids, twin boys age 10 and a great wife. We

Customer Question

I have 2 great kids, twin boys age 10 and a great wife. We have one big problem. My wife home schools the boys and when one gets bored he irritates the other. He follows him around standing too close to him and swings the bag of poop in front of his face when they walk the dogs, that kind of stuff but more. Susan, my wife, will not discipline Matthew just yell at him. Way to much. A few years ago she lost it with him a few times and spanked him with her hand. She would hit him one or two times and it scared her it seems. She is very low key but Matthew pushes and pushes so now she just yells which he ignores. It does however drive me crazy.

She comes to me and asks for help so I go put him in the corner and take away his computer and TV and I am done with it. I have a pretty good growl and he behaves easily when I am around. Problem is she releases him from his punishment early or defends him after she comes to me for help. I cannot figure this out. I do not lay a hand on them and she doesn't anymore. I am ready to move as it makes no sense and she just doesn't follow through, AT ALL.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that your wife is having with your son. How long has she home schooled the boys? Are there any intentions of having them attend regular school? Do the boys have any outside of the home interests like sports? Do they have many friends? Thanks!