proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My grand nephew is 2 months old and looking chubby fat. How

My grand nephew is 2 months old and looking chubby fat. How would I suggest to my 29 year old niece (brother's daughter) to consider his normal weight range? My brother also wondered at a restaurant table to her whether the baby needed it; she said the baby did need to feed; It didn't look to me that the baby needed it, seemed contnet from a nap; I said nothing. :]
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Has the 2 month old had a two month check up yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Likely so, and I did figure it's between her and the pediatrician.
The pediatrician most likely showed your niece the growth of her baby compared to others of the same age. She got to see on the growth chart what percentile in height and weight the baby falls in as well as where he should be. On the chart, there is a normal curve line and hopefully the baby fell near the normal line. However, many infants are chubby and slowly shed the baby fat as they mature. It is not an issue to be too concerned about just yet even though childhood obesity is on the rise.