proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

My daughter is 2 years 9 months and we have began potty training.

My daughter is 2 years 9 months and we have began potty training. She understands the concept very well. but she says i need to potty right when she goes and she never really gets to the potty on time. Are there any technics or advice on how to help her make it to the potty on time? we have been training for 2 months now.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer'.Parents often want their children to be potty trained as quickly as possible. But to tell you the truth, the children are in total control of the situation. There is nothing that you can really do to speed up the process. You can take her to the bathroom every hour. You can have her wear regular underwear so she gets accustomed to the uncomfortable feeling of being wet. You can also verbally praise her for the times that she does make it to the potty on time. She is still young. Just be patient. You may want to stop the training for a while. She may just not be ready now. :)