proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

My ex and I have split. For the last 2 months he has had Jack

My ex and I have split. For the last 2 months he has had Jack our 7 year old in his care.

Paul the ex wants to take Jack around Australia in a campervan for a few months and then possibly move to Papua New Guinea or;

I take my son fulltime and he does not see his father. I have had the legal issues answered but either

Jack gets to see Dad fulltime or;
Jack gets to see mum fulltime.

My ex is only wanting to do this way as he thinks it is the best thing for our son and that he does not want Jack to get confused?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. What us always best for any child is to have both parents be a loving and supportive part of their child's life. What do you feel is the best solution?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I understand that Jack needs both parents but Dad is not willing for me to see Jack every 2nd weekend and half the school holidays.

Do I just make the decision that he can go with his Dad for the next few months and then get something in writing from the court?

I can't handle not seeing my son either it is a catch 22 situation

Yes, the best course of action is to get everything in writing from the court. That way, there are no uncertainties on anyone's part. Your son will be fine with your ex for a few months. He will not be confused about the situation.