How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex and I have split. For the last 2 months he has had Jack

Resolved Question:

My ex and I have split. For the last 2 months he has had Jack our 7 year old in his care.

Paul the ex wants to take Jack around Australia in a campervan for a few months and then possibly move to Papua New Guinea or;

I take my son fulltime and he does not see his father. I have had the legal issues answered but either

Jack gets to see Dad fulltime or;
Jack gets to see mum fulltime.

My ex is only wanting to do this way as he thinks it is the best thing for our son and that he does not want Jack to get confused?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. What us always best for any child is to have both parents be a loving and supportive part of their child's life. What do you feel is the best solution?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I understand that Jack needs both parents but Dad is not willing for me to see Jack every 2nd weekend and half the school holidays.


Do I just make the decision that he can go with his Dad for the next few months and then get something in writing from the court?


I can't handle not seeing my son either it is a catch 22 situation

Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the best course of action is to get everything in writing from the court. That way, there are no uncertainties on anyone's part. Your son will be fine with your ex for a few months. He will not be confused about the situation.
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you

Related Parenting Questions