Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

I would very much appreciate any help or guidance you are able

Customer Question

I would very much appreciate any help or guidance you are able to give me. I am a 65 yearold grandmother to a lovely little aged 9 years. I very seldon see her as there is ongoing conflict between my son and his girlfriend (not the childs mother). It is difficult sometimes to talk to her as the phone is left ringing. I cannot no longer conact my son via his mobile as his partner has taken his last two mobiles away from him. He tries to ring me in secret, but when I ring their number his partner listens in to the conversation and will try to distract him from speaking to me. She also does with my granddaughter i.e. she starts another conversatiion while she is one the phone to me. My son wants to leave this controled relationship but I believe and my son actually said his parter bullies and trys to control him. There are constant arguments in the home, and my granddaughter as now been stopped from coming to stay with me during this October half term, having alrleady packed her suitcase, and then later in the morning being told she is not going. My grnddaughter and | have an excellent relatinship but I am begining to feel angry as the same situation happened at Chrisstmas when I was sujpposed to see her for a few days before 'christmas which prevented her from receiving her christmas present which was to go and see The Snowman in London. I don't want to make trouble for my son and gradndaughter but I now feel enough is enough as he can't speak to me without this lady listening in to his conversation. My daughter has a mobile phone which my sosn gave to her when he bought a new one. This phone is constantly switched off, and my sons new phone is in his partners possession. I do not leave messages or texts on this phone because of this. Please advise as I am geting deeply concern. Pamela
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You fir using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with the relationship with your son and granddaughter. How old is your son? How far away does he live from you? Where is the grand daughter' mother? Does she ever see her daughter? Thank you.
Sorry about the typo errors. Spell check should have caught them with the way technology is!