Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Family Counselor
Experience:  Parenting Workshops, Teacher, PHD Clinical Psychology, 30 yrs. Exp. 4 Children
14832673

8 day old breastfed vomited up entire feeding yesterday , then

8 day old breastfed vomited up entire feeding yesterday , then fed was okay then next feeding vomited some then has been okay Going to doctor romorrow but should I call to go today

Dr. Keane :

I can help you today.

Dr. Keane :

First congratulations on your baby. It's an exciting but stressful time and you are rightfully concerned. I would suggest that you call the doctor today, tell him/her what is going on and they will either say come in or wait until tomorrow. If he is not vomiting the entire feeding then he is probably okay and it's nothing serious. However, you don't want him to become dehydrated so the best thing to do is ask. If he is keeping most of the feedings down and burping up some that is common. Keep him upright after you feed him too, that may help.

Dr. Keane :

Is this your first child?

Customer:

ok it has not been aproblem until today Can what I eat effect him?

Customer:

Yes first baby

Dr. Keane :

Yes, what you eat can affect him, but don't go crazy trying to figure it out, you will in time. I don't think it would make him vomit his entire feeding, he may just need more burping during feeding, nurse for a few minutes and then burp. Is anyone with you to help?

Customer:

Yes my husband and my mother in law she is a nurse

Dr. Keane :

good, then you have an "expert" with you, lucky.

Dr. Keane :

have you called the doctor yet?

Customer:

no will do that now thank you

Dr. Keane :

best thing you can do for you and the baby is to make sure you get some rest.....he'll be fine, hope this helped reassure you. Please accept when you leave chat. if you have more concerns feel free to post and I'll get them when I return. Enjoy that baby! exciting times...