proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WITH MY EX. iT SEEMS ALMOST

Customer Question

I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WITH MY EX. iT SEEMS ALMOST TO THE POINT THAT HE'S OBSESSED WITH HER. HES THE TYPE OF PERSON WHERE HE LIKES TO PLAY ALOT OF HEAD GAMES. LATELY HE HAS THIS CONTROL THING WHERE FOR NO APPARENT REASON, OR WHEN HES MAD AT ME, HE (DEPENDING WHERE WERE AT HIS HOUSE MORE OF THE TIMES , HE WILL NOT LET ME TAKE MY DAUGHTER. WHAT I SAY DOESNT GO , HES NOT ALLOWING ME TO BE MOMMY, I DONT UNDERSTAND, THIS LAST WEEK I ONLY GOT TO TAKE HER WHEN HE WANTED TO GO DO SOMETHING AND WHEN I PUT UP A FIGHT. THEN HE'LL CALL ME SAYING YOUR DAUGHTER'S LOOKING FOR YOU. BUT HE SPOILS HER LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW , HELLO, WERE GOING TO HAVE NOYHING BUT PROBLEMS-. BVUT LATELY HE'S BEEN LIKE KINDA OBSESSED IT SEEMS.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Is your ex your ex husband? How long have you been apart? What is your primary concern? Who does your daughter live with? Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

WE NEVER MARRIED, I MOVED OUT 10 MONTHS AGO , WE BASICALLY WILL SPILT HER 50/50 EVERY OTHER DAY, I DO SEE HER EVERYDAY. BUT LATELY THE ONLY TIME ALL WEEK LONG WAS WHEN HE WANTED TO GO OUT. BUT THE CONTROL , HE'S TELLING ME I CAN NOT TAKE MY DAUGHTER (WHY) BECAUSE I SAID NO , AT THAT POINT IT COULD GET UGLY, THATS WHY I LEFT HIM. ITS LIKE HES HORTING HER. HE COME TO MY HOUSE AND STAY THE NIGHT AND THEN , IM NOT WELCOME AT HIS THE NEXT DAY. LIKE HES ISOLATING HER FROM ME, I DONT KNOW ITS FRUSTRATING

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank You for responding. Since your ex can not have you, he is using your daughter as leverage to get back at you just to make you upset. He obviously finds great pleasure in seeing you become frustrated. He will continue showering your daughter with attention and gifts because he simply can. It is a control issue big time. He wants your daughter to see him as the better parent or actually the " good " parent.

What you may want to do is to take the issue to court to get a more appropriate visitation schedule. 50/50 everyday is probably part of your emotional distress because you have to deal with him way too much.

You can contact our family law legal experts for further advice if you wish to pursue this route.

Hope this was helpful. Have a great day!