proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

we are having problems communicating with our 2 sons what can

Customer Question

we are having problems communicating with our 2 sons what can we do to change it ? thank you ! joe + sue sarro
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. How old are your sons?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mike 35 yrs. old joey 31
Do your son's live nearby? Are they married with a family of their own? Did any conflicts create a distance between you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they did live close to us in neighboring cities but we have moved 65 miles away. yes they are both married. joey for 5yrs and mike has been married twice.
joey's wife is 28 and very unsocialable.
she is the cause of many arguments.
we cannot give any advice and are not allowed to talk about certain things that joey advises.
when we enter her home when invited she walks away for unknown reasons.
stays away from my wife and has not excepted us as family.
we are not called mom or dad or even by our first names.
she sent a recent text that stated her and our son will have nothing to do with us because of our bullshit????
we have never done anything or said anything to upset these two.....
what in god's name is XXXXX XXXXX?
please help....
I am so sorry to hear about the lack of a relationship between you and your sons. Oftentimes when son's marry, they allow the needs of the wife to overtake their lives. This has happened in your case. Also, it is possible that your sons are caught up in some religious fanaticism that dismisses parents and uplifts the wife above everybody and anything. Your son's are being negatively influenced by someone or some organization. If you have tried to communicate with little success, just let it go for a while. See what happens. If you did nothing wrong, you need not worry. Time is the healer of all wounds. Your sons will one day need you and want you back in their lives. The charade cannot continue forever.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i know it is religious......kristin (joey's wife) is into pyhics .
i do pray for them both. this has been going on for four years with mike and it will make it a year for joey.
does time really heal or does it just make you ill???
hope isnt always the answer to this. they may be a day to late when its time to come back.
what is forever in your terms??????
It did sound like a religious related situation but I was not positive at first. Just do not consume your every waking moment concerned with your sons. They are grown and have chosen the path for their lives. There is really nothing more that you and your spouse can do but keep praying. God will answer your prayers in His time. You cannot be anxious. It will never be too late to come back. These are your sons.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
your answers are not what i dont know already or have heard from other people.
it sounds logical but they are my flesh and blood.
i want an answer as how to repair this now. we live in the moment and the future is very doubtful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it seems you dont have an answer to my questions.thank you for trying to help....
i want to cancel now......