proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

I have twin toddlers, a boy and a girl, they will be sharing

Customer Question

I have twin toddlers, a boy and a girl, they will be sharing a bedroom and I need some ideas on colors and decor for their room.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello. How old are the twins?
Hello again...a jungle theme is always a great idea for twins of the opposite sex as well as an ocean theme. For the jungle theme, you can have an artist paint friendly animals on the walls and have lots of trees and plants with a bright happy sun. Jungle theme bedding should not be a problem to find. With regards XXXXX XXXXX ocean theme, think of "Finding Nemo" or the book called The Rainbow Fish. The characters in those stories are colorful and childlike. The walls could be painted light blue with hints of white to resemble the ocean. Fish and sea plants could be included as well. You can also include pictures of real jungle animals or real fish if it seems to fit in. Their beds could have jungle stuffed animals on them or fish or even sea life pillows. If you find the right artist, their room will look magnificent. Oftentimes, college students are able to do wonderful jobs with their creative artistic minds and low price range.
Hope this was helpful!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the feedback, however I was hoping to find something that might grow with them a little longer. I would rather have walls stay the same colors and maybe change the bedding and decor. Not really fond of the jungle or sea themes.
A color scheme that might work for twins is red, black and white. Instead of black you might want to try a nice shade of gray on the walls, white furniture, and red accents of pillows, throw rugs, etc. This color scheme would look really chic and could grow with them without having a cute theme to worry about. :)