Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Help, i have 6 yr old twins boy and girl. My daughter was

Customer Question

Help, i have 6 yr old twins boy and girl. My daughter was diagnosed a yr ago with type I diabetes, my son has recently been labelled with special needs and i feel school haven't been doing enough, I'm a social worker and have been a single parent for 3 yrs, of late i've really really been struggling to manage my son's behaviour, i've recently had sight of his school report and Ed Psych's report and got a 2nd opinion via a work colleague who initially thought my son has autism she advised i take my son to the GP for an independant 2nd opinion. I was glad my GP saw my son for the type of behaviour he displays at home within minutes she felt he is displaying signs of ADHD, she has since made a referral to CAMHS but i know there won't be a quick turnaround to the problem, due to the waiting list etc. He is becoming more and more defiant and challenging and won't listen to guidance and boundaries and i am exhausted totally emotionally and feel drained with his behaviour and sheer 'no', 'i'm not doing that ...' is there anything i can do in the meantime for my sanity in which to stabilise the situation at home whereby talking to him in a rationale way rather than raise my voice and things therefore escalate, are there any behaviour strategies you can recommend?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are currently having. Is there anything that your son really likes or enjoys doing? How to you react now to your son's defiance?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i don't mean to be rude but i was hoping to have a response from a psychiatrist/psychologist not a teacher, is there any chance having paid the fee that someone from this profession could answer my question?
OK...not a problem at all. I will opt out to allow another expert to assist you.