proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

I have a 4year old girl. her teacher at preschool told me she

Customer Question

I have a 4year old girl. her teacher at preschool told me she just walked up to one of her classmares and bent her fingers back, the teacher saw the whole thing. yhe teacher talked to my daughter and showed no remorse and didnt know why she did it and told the teacher i dont need any friends. she has never done anything like this. should i be worried?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for using Answer. Since this sounds like an isolated incident, you need not worry. Try to ascertain from your daughter if the other child is her friend or has the other child been bothering your daughter. Just keep an eye on any mood changes your daughter may manifest and her attitude toward school. If she starts saying that she does not want to go to school and does not play with anybody, then you need to pay several visits both pre planned and unannounced to see for yourself what exactly is happening. Kids do things for a variety if reasons. The finger bending may have been done to your daughter on a previous occasion. Your daughter may have been upset about something that involved the other student and was only acting out of frustration. Therefore, do not worry. Just keep on eye on your daughter and hopefully the rest of the school year will be just fine.

Have a great weekend!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anytime!!!!